Thursday, July 9, 2015

Nesting

When a woman is pregnant and close to giving birth, it is said that she might feel a burst of energy and the instinctive need to start ensuring her house is in order to prepare for the child's soon arrival. They call this "nesting".

Well, I am not sure if that is what is going on with me, but I feel the need to get things in order.  I feel as if I am preparing for a transition, and not in the religious/worldly way that term is often thrown around.  I have no idea what God is preparing me for, but I have really felt the urge to close out a lot of those "I'll get to it one day" items and to get my house in order.

God had already shown me some years ago that this blog would have its end.  That was almost 4 years ago, and I think, "Gosh Lord, it sure has been a long time since then."  Yet, then I remember that God informed David that he would be King some thirty-odd years before it actually happened, so...

No, I am not comparing myself to David or saying I will be a king.  LOL  I am merely noting that sometimes God gives us advance warning of a change because He was to take a while to forge us into what we need to be in order to take that next step with Him.

In terms of nesting, I am reminded of the following Scriptures:

"And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Luke 21:28

"We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts." II Peter 1:19

So as I move forward with this transitioin, I have started to transfer some of the content of the blog into book format.  These items will be posted on the Resources page at the top of the blog as they are completed and made available.  It is not much there for now, but I will be making updates over the next few weeks.

There are two Scriptures which have always held a special place in my heart.  One is Esther 4:14, and is the inspiration for this blog:

"For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"

The other is Revelation 19:7, and says:

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready."

So this is me, making myself ready, because this is such a time where we need to be prepared for our Savior's return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam received, Anonymous posts will no longer be accepted. Comments are still moderated and will appear once approved.

If you have a personal message to relay, please use the "Contact Us" form at the top of the blog. Thank you!