Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Fruit of Your Own Way

"Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near." Isaiah 55:6

Many times, there need not be any more said than what the Lord Himself has already declared. People like to paint a picture of God as this great big Santa Claus in the sky who is never offended and always willing to receive us when we get good and ready to hear Him.  All I can say is, "Please read the Scriptures."  You had better get ready to hear Him now.

God desires every singe person to be saved, but He does not take the despising of the sacrifice of His Son lightly (Hebrews 6:4-6, 10:29-30).  Don't assume that when you are finished playing church, God will take you in.

"And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:" Acts 17:30

The world will tell you that whenever you decide to repent, God will be there to receive you.  I have spoken to many who did not know that there is a "place" and "space" for repentance (Revelation 2:21). They did not realize that there can come a time when God's hand is no longer extended to you (II Thessalonians 2:11-12).

space: Greek word chronos meaning a designated time, either long or short.

place: Greek word topos meaning a place or space marked off; an opportunity or occasion for acting

"Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears." Hebrews 12:16-17

Don't delay responding to the prodding of the Lord.  God will not plead with man always (Genesis 6:3).  There can come a time when He gives you up to the fruit of our own way.

"How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? And the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you. 

Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. 

Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. 

Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil." Proverbs 1:22-33

Additional Resources:

Redeem the Times

Self-Destruction

No comments:

Post a Comment

In an effort to reduce the amount of spam received, Anonymous posts will no longer be accepted. Comments are still moderated and will appear once approved.

If you have a personal message to relay, please use the "Contact Us" form at the top of the blog. Thank you!